Review: Free ( Treasure Island ) by Solei- CBD 13%

FREE- by Solei AKA Treasure Island

THC 0.55% / CBD 13.16%  Sample size 3.5G- Cost 30$

Solei is another brand under the Aprhria umbrella which produces a mid level cost cannabis portfolio in a sunlit, greenhouse environment. 

Free is their proprietary version of a 15:1 CBD strain called Treasure Island.  The descendant of Swiss Gold and AC/DC, it is a sativa forward hybrid.  With under 1% THC and upwards of 13% CBD this is truly the defininition of medical marijuana.

My one eighth package was in a small cardboard box containing a pearl white opaque jar with a distinctive yellow lid.  It was fairly heavy for its size and there was no noise of buds shaking around in there.  Under the lid was a foil seal that should ensure a bit better freshness.  Lid closed tight, and opened safely and easily.  I'd say these are even better than the Broken Coast packages. 

Cracking the seal revealed a jar filled to the brim with brown curly buds.  Weight was 3.56g

Opening aroma was vegetal, fresh hay and oats and a faint floral quality. Busting intensified the sweet scent a little.  Not too grassy or green tasting- Cured well.

Visually, buds were dark green / brown, medium to light density with a bit of foxtail growth pattern.
Largest bud was .5G, minimal shake / leaf.   Trim was probably machine from the look of the trichome damage under bright magnigication.  A spattering of red pistils gave it a nice bit of color.

Taste was flat, neither herbacious or floral. Smoke was thick and made me cough A LOT. Left a bit of a green aftertaste that wasn't super pleasant, but not overwhelming. Burnt well to a charcoal colored ash.  

Experience: Well. I'm certainly not baked!  On my THC fast ( almost ) today I can honestly say I don't feel "quenched" after smoking my usual .3 gm session.  I don't have any symptoms of my MS showing at the moment tho and I feel pretty relaxed and loose, so that's a plus... Maybe?  

When combined yesterday in equal parts with some THC rich sativa, I felt like it really gave me a lot more energy than usual. Didn't feel like sitting around, was pretty motivated to get some stuff done and I didn't end up falling asleep until 2:30am which is very rare for me.  It seemed like the combination of the Free and a bit of lower THC concentrate was very beneficial to my overall wellness for the day. 

TLDR: Great way to augment your personal wellness plan.  Altho it wasn't expensive, it was still an unhealthy way to dose CBD by smoking it, but if you were to vape it with some THC extracts it would probably boost the effects of both to give you a memorable experience.   Doesn't smell good, doesn't taste good, but it will keep your high soaring and hopefully stave of some inflammation and keep the burn out away. Probably best to just buy the oral spray if you need CBD meds.





Comments

Hits From The Bowl