Review: Chocolate Fondue by DNA Genetics

Chocolate Fondue- By DNA genetics 

 
Price 45$-1/8th - 14$-1G.

THC 23.1% CBD >1%

Sativa forward spawn of Chocolope and Exodus ( U.K.) Cheese

DNA Genetics is an award winning seed bank from Amsterdam with a global market share.
Tweed and DNA formed an exclusive partnership in 2016 here in Canada to allow for DNA genetics to be bred under the Canopy Growth / Tweed umbrella.   So you will see DNA branded products in Tweed packaging and at Canopy owned retailers.

So far I have only seen two products available in Winnipeg so far: Lemon Skunk and Chocolate Fondue. The latter was just delivered while I was visiting Tweed- Boasting a +23% THC label on a sativa, I thought it would be great to augment my week of experimental smoking. 

I was expecting something pretty intense.  Something Cheesy.  Something Chocolaty?
Surely you'd assume from such a bold name that something swarthy was in the works.
But this was a little more delicate that I had bargained for.

At first glance-  The package was the heavier tin / plastic combo screw jar that still doesn't seal as tight as I would like- but better than some.  Cracking the top, I was met with small, wispy, brightly colored buds, with small smatterings of auburn pistils.  Trichomes were intact and bracts were about ready to burst, it really looked like there was going to be a seed in there- but just juicy sativa.

Opening nose was more skunk than cheese, green pine cone / pine sap,  and a bit of a trapped herbaceous quality, that off gassed quickly and settled into more of a funky rotting berry note after storing in a sealed glass jar for a few days.  Busting led into a unique cocoa sweetness.

Taste-  I was longing for some mysterious Thai chocolate, or some oozy british cheese, but what came forward was a very interesting combination of dark, bitter baking chocolate, and light roast kona coffee with berry notes.  It didn't linger too long on the palate, was a clean tasting smoke but still packed a whallop.  Would make excellent an excellent joint for sharing. 

Experience-  I thought I'd be cool by trying to ease back into my titration experiment with some fancy sativa and I may have gone a little too far, a little too fast.  This is not ideal morning weed first thing back in the saddle. It is fast paced, electricity in the mind, I was very lit up after a single .15 bong hit and didn't smoke again for 5 hrs afterwards.  Repeated with .3 the following day as my first session and it was HEAVY, too much too soon.

Data noted; Stimulating, wakeful and quick / strong to act.  Munched out hard, vision issues related to my MS symptoms exacerbated at higher doses. 

TLDR;  I think there was a stoned plan at Tweed to take some DNA winners and mash them together based on name alone.   End product was not the flavor / terpene profile I expected and overall was grown well, but not memorable.  High on this one was pretty POW, for 14$/G I don't think this one stood out from its competitors.  Hopefully future generational phenotypes express themselves a bit more fondue-like.




Comments

Hits From The Bowl