Review: Boaty McBoatface ( Tweed ) - Moldy?

DERRRRRRP
Boaty McBoatface ( Medi Haze ) by Tweed

THC / CBD: 3.19% / 9.96%
Cost: 40.99$ - 3.5g - widely available
Lot-BMC8130TAB Nov 15 2018
Tweed is everywhere.  And where Tweed goes-Boaty goes.

I have never seen this product out of stock, but it seems to be slowly rising in price.   Just 2 weeks ago it was already the higher priced option when compared to Solei's CBD stock at around 35.99$
But when I started checking the local online selections and noticed this price jump, I had to review this asap.

Boaty McBoatface is not good.  In fact- I think it might be bad.

I have bought 4 separate batches of Boaty since Oct.  The first batch was scraggly and tasted burnt, and chlorophylly, with lots of green hay flavor.   It has changed a bit over the last 2 batches, but not for the better.

Opening nose:  This batch seemed to be more robust, with a pronounced chamomile note that I was appreciating for a moment, but then I scrunched up my nose and had to ask the other people in the room if I was hallucinating. Ammonia?  and the smell of wet wood, like a flooded basement. Not rotting, but a red flag about quality.

Visual: Buds were between .5-1.1 g and were very dry, round with foxy protrusions showing a good maturity.  Trichome coverage was moderate- probably the nicest looking Boaty I've seen, but heads were broken from a machine trimming and rough handling.  Lots of excess leaf, but not much in the way of shake- the packaging was actually good for the size, not much room for shaking around.

Magnification:  I am going to order some macro lenses in the near future to be able to properly document issues that might be missed by the naked eye.   I was disturbed to notice dandruff like flakes inside the larger buds. Nestled in among the inner bracts- and inside the curls of some of the sugar leaf-

MOLD!~  ( how to spot it, what it is)  

I didn't want to jump to any accusations until I was able to verify with a few other people who had purchased Boaty locally in the last month, and they were all complaining of the same issues.   I even went so far as to buy a second jar of the same batch- same results. ( my wife still smokes it )   I'll probably contact tweed directly to see what their customer service can do*

I don't think I even need to continue with this particular review.  It shows a lack of quality assurance, as well as oversight from the Feds at Health Canada.   I'm not black listing Tweed just yet- but I will never buy Boaty McBoatface ever again, that's for sure. 

 +1 833-818-9333. - Tweed Customer Service  *Update- Customer Service has registered a complaint on my behalf, they say its unfortunate and all of their products are rigorously third party tested.  They suggested that I try mixing this batch in with some new stuff to offset the terrible flavor.  If its mold- they denied it happened on their end and suggested I keep smoking it.   


Comments

Hits From The Bowl