Review: Lollipop by Citizen Stash (Experion Biotechnologies Inc.)



Lollipop by Citizen Stash (Experion Biotechnologies Inc.)
Price: $40.25/3.5g via Delta 9 in MB
THC:CBD - 25.1%:>0.05
Genetics: C99 Romulan
By Leprechaun Seed Company
Packaged: November 28 -2019
Opened: December 26 -2019
Lot# LP F1

Citizen Stash ( based out of Mission B.C) is a new arrival in Manitoba this week, with two unique offerings in today's market: Lollipop and also Lemon Zkittles. I am familiar with the latter, but Lollipop was a new one to me- and clocking in at a very respectable 25.1% THC at under 12$/g I was motivated to splurge a little.

Genetics on this one scream "late 90's" to me, with Romulan and Cinderella 99 both being Hightimes covergirls back in the day, but @ 25%THC this feels a lot more modern than old school. The lot # on this package leads me to believe this is their first phenotype selection as an F1 ( first generation ) for what that's worth.

*Check out this Savage MAC1 also from C.S. with a staggering 29%THC posted by u/BlubberingFool on the RecPics Sub.  That is the highest percentage I have seen posted this year.

I appreciate the appropriate sized jars the eighths are packaged in- but they are missing a foil seal. I didn't notice any freshness issues, but this was packaged less than a month ago.

Opening Inspection: 9.25
Small to medium sized buds (.4-1.2g) of irregular shape and structure. Some tapered to a fine cone, some rounded and coral like, with fine, spiky calyx tips. Seems to present more of a sativa-like form, with nodes extending out from the stem rather than bunching into heavy colas. I imagine that there are some much larger, heavier specimens out there if you were to order from the medical side of things tho, or  if you had the fortune to find this available in larger formats than 3.5g


Very interesting coloration ranging from vivid lime to hunter green with bright orange pistils and a near-black shade of purple on the tips of some flowers giving this an exotic and appealing look. Trim is very nice for some odd shaped buds- overall this has a jagged, crystalline texture with just enough spring when you pinch them that they spring back to their original shape almost immediately.   Tiny amount of shake in here surprisingly.


 Aroma:8.0
Haze-like peppery spice rounding out with pine and sandalwood finishing on as sharp chemmy-gas note. Complicated but not overwhelming to the room.

Palate:8.5
Exceptionally smooth on the draw I was left wondering... and waiting for some level of sour or pine to kick me in the teeth, but it sort of mulled back deep in the bottom of my lungs and the back of my sinus cavity.  As I began to exhale I started to pick up a lot of toasted low notes of mocha, spicy pepper and maybe some bitter sweetness like a dried mango dredged in chocolate.

A lip smacking, hash-y quality that had me craving a cup of coffee with some Irish whiskey to complement it.

Experience. 9.25
25.1% THC is the highest percentage I have reviewed since legalization and I allowed myself a bit of time to soak in a small, single toke bowl of this before moving on, and I will say; it has a phenomenal burn rate. All day I have been medicating with about a third of what I usually use, getting a variety of tasks completed and actually had me dancing around after being sick for pretty much all of December.

 Lollipop grows a little jungle-y.  Pic via OpenGrow.com
Medical Notes:
Seemingly easy on my lungs, I haven't had the urge to cough even slightly.   Notable analgesic muscle relaxation and has also had very noticeable improvement with my muscle spasticity associated with M.S. symptoms.

TLDR- 8.75/10
Lollipop by Citizen Stash in a superbly executed flower under the 12$/g mark that seems to be the battleground pricing for "craft" cannabis in Canada these days. At over 25%THC this strain will sell out quickly if they can keep this quality up- Tasty, well-cured, modern genetics shouldn't be this hard to find in the legal market going in to 2020. 



Comments

Hits From The Bowl