Review: B.C. "Bubble Hash" by CannaFarms





B.C. Bubble Hash by CannaFarms
Price- 37$ via Meta Cannabis in MB.
THC:CBD 23.3mg/G: >0.05mg/G
THC Total 500mg/g CBD total 0.9gm/g
Genetics- Blend
Micron Size: ???
Packaged: December 11 2019
Opened: December 26 2019
Lot# CF0124T1562

Cannabis 2.0 Is here to stay.  With the first shipments of edible cannabis products and vape cartridges arriving I was kind of surprised to see this "Bubble Hash" listed alongside a "B.C. Kief" product by the same LP.   I stopped by some local shops and perused the Boxing Day sales and picked up the very first lot to hit the market, lets see what we got~!

Historically hashish has been made from the carefully sifted trichome heads collected from the dried cannabis flowers, pressed under pressure- sometimes with a bit of heat and you end up with a preservable form of cannabis concentrate that is often pliable and blonde to dark brown in color.

Bubble hash differs in that the trichome heads are collected after giving buds an ice bath ( dry ice or wet cubes both work ) and then sifting the collected crystally powder thru a gauntlet of increasingly fine screens measured in Microns. Then these carefully separated heads are collected, smooshed and cured, generally leaving a higher concentration of "purity" of both potency and flavor. ( the name came from the fact that the hash would melt and "bubble" up when smoked )

Bubble hash has sort of fallen by the wayside in favor of Rosin these days, which is essentially the same base material- but pressed under TONS of force with extremely precise temperature controls allowing the heads to liquefy and collect in delicious lakes of molten honey. But I certainly won't turn my nose up at the chance to try Canada's first legal Bubble Hash.

Opening Inspection:
Packaged in a small opaque glass jar inside a relatively small cardboard packaging ( but big enough to fit the absurd amount of info required by Health Canada.) The shop wasn't able to provide me with any info about the specific method of creating this hash, but I will reach out to CF and will update ASAP.

Quite to my surprise ( dismay? ) - I was greeted with an extremely fine powder rather than the soft gooey hashish I was expecting. I can see an obvious difference in colors and sizes of trichomes even with my naked eye.   A decent amount of "contaminant" plant matter is peppering the otherwise sandy amber color and I can't help but feel that this is just a dry sift product, rather than ice sifted.

The texture of this product is quite dry, with no clumping even when lightly pressed between parchment. Having a proper area to handle this is a necessity as an errant fan or cat fart could blow this into the ether, never to be seen again. 


Aroma:
Light nose of warm earth, wood and spice- faint bit of lemon on the back.  Definitely has a familiar hash tone.

Palate:
Rich and smooth on the lungs, the smoke was a complicated mix of clove-y spices, toasted hardwoods, hoppy citrus tones and then almost a nutty-earth finish.  It tastes like blend of very different terpene profiles- like a muddy mix of every liquor in the cabinet- but somehow coming out half decent. ( like a long island iced tea!)

This didn't quite fit what I was expecting it to taste like, but it was certainly a welcome reprieve from BHO shatters and suspiciously specific flavors found in vape carts.

Experience:
I could not make this hash bubble, no matter what I did to it. It did combust slowly and evenly when spread out over top of a bowl of flower and I even attempted to pack a straight bowl with zero melt. I was a little worried about packing my dry herb vape tho as it WAS fine enough to clog up the system when heated IMO- but with the right device, I could see this being a great consistency to vaporize effectively.

As far as a concentrate high goes- this was a little light compared to the 80% THC concentrates available in Colorado and California, but should be approachable to medical patients looking for a heavier dose without tripping balls.

Medical Notes:
Extremely low dose for reasonable effect = Go slow.  Dreamy, unfocused creativity.

TLDR
Is this Bubble Hash?   Not by my definition.   Is this the first recreationally available, solventless extract? I think so!? With CannaFarms selling their Kief for $22/g, is this product a good value? Well- That's debatable. I doubt I'd buy more until they manage to create a single strain product that has some definable flavor, but this is a good step in the right direction.






Comments

Hits From The Bowl