Review: Lemon Zkittle by Citizen Stash


Lemon Zkittle® by Citizen Stash
(Experion Biotechnologies Inc.)

Interiors show off the best of these Trichomes
THC:CBD 14.9% : 0.0%
Price: $29.50/3.5g via Delta 9 in MB
Genetics: Dutch Passion Seeds
Las Vegas Lemon Skunk Zkittles
Packaged: November 25 2019
Opened: Dec 26 2019
Lot# LZ.B11

Zkittles.... skittles? Zeekittles? I don't know. Wait- This strain has a trademark?!~ I guess that's something we'll be seeing more and more this year as proprietary strains and "intellectual property" become as common as patent trolls in Silicon Valley.

Either way- Zkittles strains have proven to be immensely popular up and down the west coast for their bombastic sweet-tart candy profile coming from Grape ape and Grapefruit parentage and then mashing that with a similarly profiled Lemon skunk and now you're ready to taste the rainbow.

I have had the opportunity to sample some ACMPR Zkittles grown by a friend and I was blown away by how much it actually reminded me of Skittles Candy as it was among the first wave of "dessert strains" that started to pop up locally around 2016.  I saw this listed in the recreational market here for under 30$/3.5g and thought it was worth a shot.  Let's see what we got...

Opening Inspection 6.75
Small 3.5g jar ( 2nd lightest I have seen, next to DOJA ) with no foil seal but was full to bursting open when I popped the lid- this batch was definitely pushing the limits of what this jar was willing to accept without smooshing everything down. Buds were between .25 and .7g with more larf than I would like... one or two keepers that had more personality scent-wise, but the rest were kinda weak.

Buds were round, light and fluffy with an abundance of rust colored pistils giving them an almost woolly aesthetic. Trichomes were concentrated on the bottoms of the buds and inside nestled around the stem glistening slightly with a healthy maturity. Generally unremarkable in jar appeal tho.
 
Aroma: 4
First off- There is a distinct absence of anything lemon OR skittley about this.  A herbaceous blast of greenhouse sweat was my first howdy-doody and then it moved into a bit of bitter orange / black tea like a really cheap earl grey tea. Sad.

Busting into it ( great texture ) revealed subtle lemon-spice notes, and if I really dug into it- I could pick up a bit of grapefruit / grape candy- like a sealed package of starburst. There's potential here, but it will never get a chance to show off while its buried in that greenhouse mess. I moved it to another jar and have been aerating it over the last four days hoping it would off-gas that nasty bit- but not much luck so far.

Palate: 5
Incredibly neutral taste? Is that something I can write?  It doesn't taste like it really has much of a recognizable terpene profile at all. It's SUPER SMOOTH... but the tinier buds had almost nothing going on. The largest bud managed to provide a pleasant low-note warmth in the back of my palate that was reminiscent of a Sensi Star IMO but... zero candy. Zero lemon.  Bummer!

Experience: 5
Day time functional, relaxing.

Medical Notes:
None.

TLDR: 6.25/10
Lemon Zkittle by Citizen Stash didn't deliver on the exciting flavor profile usually associated with this strain, which was sad. I had some preconceptions of what this would be like and while it didn't wow me, I think there was a bit of value at under $30 an eighth in today's recreational market, but you should probably just buy the Lollipop instead.

Comments

Hits From The Bowl