Review: Blue Ninety Eight ( Rockstar kush) by RIFF

Blue Ninety Eight aka Rockstar Kush by RIFF 1 gram package
Pic of 1g Blue Ninety Eight by Riff

Listed THC/CBD 19.02%/0.07%  Price 11$/G

Riff is new to the winnipeg retail cannabis market, having just arrived at tokyo smoke Nov 15th.
Our wonderful budtender didn't have a lot to tell us about the company yet, so I just bought 1 gram of each as an entry level sample.

In the bowl today is Blue Ninety Eight, a proprietary version of Rockstar Kush.

Rockstar Kush combines genetics of Bubba Kush and Rockstar- Two heavy duty indica's with a lot of fans.  I include myself among those fans and have a pretty high expectation for Riff's version.

Opening the package, it had a grassy hay aroma that made me say.... oh no.

Buds were tiny- about 10 for 1 gram.   weight .98g

A tan coloring of trichomes made the leafy little budlets appear brownish.   Super low stem buds that would probably only appear in commercial operations where maximum yield was more important than quality. Dark amber redhairs were apparent but not dominant. 

Buds were short. round and were trying to be tight- They just feel too light for well fed indica.

Trim was poor, some stem pieces intact, three or four loose leaves at the bottom of the bag.

Moisture level was quite nice, buds were easy to break down without disintegrating into dust.

Aroma in the package was Earthy, Woody. Reminded me of a fresh pack of pencil crayons.

Busting did not reveal much.  The wood scent was prominent, but really lacking in the spice, fuel associated with the strain.

Burnt clean and evenly with a fine grey ash.  

Flavor was neutral.  I cant really describe any particular note that stood out.  I didn't enjoy it, but there wasn't anything to complain about other than a lack of Kush-iness.  I found myself coughing a bit more than usual- and smoked almost an entire gram to myself over 2 sessions- so not very punchy.

I feel lazy and wish I hadn't smoked this so early in the day.  At least it didn't taste bad?

(Great taste > No Taste > Bad taste)

TLDR:  Devoid of flavor, buds were anemic and not well trimmed.  Aroma was almost non existent. Price for 11$ a gram seems like a poor value.   Possibly good genetics but just bottom end buds in the one gram package.   Not as enjoyable as the Two-Tone Ban previously reviewed.















Comments

Hits From The Bowl