Review: City Lights ( Edison Cannabis Co.) AKA Critical Kush

Salutations~

 Critical Bowl vs Critical Kush - Round 1.

Out of the gate, the first thing I notice is that the 1 Gm package is too big. WAYYY too big.- A lightweight white plastic jar the same size as the 7gm containers from other major LP's- which were already way too big.  But these are making me feel eco-guilt just by reviewing them.   With similar 1 gram packaging from other companies in the sealed zip top pouches seeming overly large already, this one is so overkill it hurts.  Easily able to fit 25+ grams of this product in this one jar.

Opting to give some page time to something other than Broken Coast- as well as trying to level out
the budget a bit- I managed to grab a wee bit of City Lights by the Edison Cannabis Co. an Atlantic Canada based LP- They seem to offer some sort of organic option from the website I found on the back of the label @ organigram.ca/ but they don't seem to have any product listed as organic at the moment.  It seems they are the parent company of Edison? 

I wanted to find out a bit more about the Edison Cannabis Co. but little information was to be found online. The Edison co. website states that

"Edison Reserve flowers are larger, more complex and handled with individual attention, resulting in some of the finest-quality cannabis in Canada"

Thinking to myself- More complex than what?    More complex than the bottom end buds they sell for 10$ a gram seemingly as this was certainly not "reserve". I think that Edison may have outsmarted themselves with that tagline on the opening ( and ONLY ) page on their website.

Price per gram was only 10$ so it seemed like a good jumping off point for a guy on a budget.
Listed at the store (Tokyo Smoke) as containing 21% THC but upon further inspection, the packaging shows 15.6%? which I tend to believe the latter after sampling. 


City Lights is a 90/10 Indica / Sativa hybrid originating from a cross between Critical Mass and OG Kush. Sounds appealing!  Opening the package- I noticed 9-10 feeble buds with some fan leaves that had fallen off. Easily shaken around after packaging- they were already starting to break down.   No seal on the inside of the lid and EXTREMELY easy to open- I'm pretty sure my 3 year old could open it.

Terpene profile was vegetal- green carrot tops, a bit of pine. Busting it open and inhaling deeply gave a bit of a sweet malt note, but that was really fishing to find something.    Buds were tiny with loose orange redhairs and a sparse trichrome coating.

Flavor from vape was fresh snow covered pine, marjoram and bit of a myrcene spice that was very subdued but pleasant.   I was expecting some chlorophyll flavor from the opening smell, but it ended up being a little more Kushy which was nice.    

I was in bad shape with MS symptoms all day yesterday and it was soothing to my hyper tense muscles relieving the spasms in my chest slightly. I found myself still wanting to go back to the stronger THC varieties I had tried last week for the pain relief as well as the warm blanket sensation when you're going to sleep.  City Lights would be better suited for those "getting shit done" kinda days- or sharing with friends during a board game that you didn't want to forget all of the rules. 

Long Story Short: Tastes better than it smells, packaging was the worst I have seen yet, buds were fairly anemic and I ended up using more per dose so the pricing didn't really seem to be a very good deal after all.
 









Comments

Hits From The Bowl