October 17th: Canada Rolls for Initiative


Salutations
Today is a momentous day for many Canadians:  Cannabis is now legal.   A lifestyle for some, medicine for others, and for many- The beginning of a new chapter.  

My name is Dana Gresswell and I live in Canada;  Winnipeg in the Province of Manitoba to be precise.   I am a proud father of two boys and am lucky to be married to my best friend, whom I adore to death- And we are on an amazing adventure into the world of cannabis.   I have used cannabis therapeutically for many years, but have only recently been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, an auto immune disease that has afflicted a disproportionate number of Canadians.  Roughly 77 thousand Canucks are living with a myriad of symptoms from vision and balance dysfunction to paralysis and cognitive disorder.   At this point in time, there is no cure.

But there IS hope.   

Canada has become the first G8 nation to federally legalize recreational cannabis and now the real work can begin: SCIENCE!  Long prohibited from studying the Class 1 prohibited drug without extreme government control, botanists, chemists and molecular scientists can begin to get down to the bottom of some the health claims and risks associated with this mysterious and ancient plant.

Its about noon CST on October 17th 2018 and I realize that I have a unique opportunity to document this momentous point in time.   I am sure that you will have no problem finding resources online that will answer the majority of the questions about Cannabis and the specifics of various treatments, or where to find reviews, orders etc.  That is not my purpose in creating this text, but rather to offer a local point of view- as a prospective patient, a recreational user and a family involved in the industry.    There is no table of contents on this ride... I hope to touch on the initial experience of shopping for legal weed, the experiences we have while applying for new careers in this booming landscape while randomly peppering in some light dialogue on my other passions;  Dice collecting, Kitchen life and being a Dad with MS.  ( but in a fun way )

Yesterday, I was an outlaw.  Today I am intrepid explorer- just like you.

Dana Gresswell


A few links relevant to the brand:

Know the facts: A Canadian Primer
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/health/campaigns/cannabis.html
First day of sales:  Flying off shelves
https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/flying-off-the-shelves-winnipeg-cannabis-store-tries-to-keep-up-with-demand1233456789899--0


Comments

Hits From The Bowl