See it to believe it

Salutations

Don't worry- there's still some cannabis left-  but... not... a lot?
I paid a second visit to the same Delta 9 shop I went to the other day, as a friend needed to head down there anyways.  It was in the evening hours on a Saturday night, regularly a busy time to pick up beer or a bottle of wine but the store was relatively quiet, with only about 20 people in the  shop, most in the queue to purchase.   The monitors were showing the prices and strains available.  A meager selection of jars with product were behind the glass partition only showing about 6 different items while the TV displays showed 10 items with prices.

While we were greeted warmly by the budtender, he looked almost apologetic as we approached. I know that look, from having had to tell many a customer that their favorite beer was sold out for the night when I was bartending.  I asked about a few of the items that were listed on the screen, but not on display- They were all sold out.  Specifically- sold out of Broken Coast branded products.   He said they were the " Cadillac " of their offered brands this week- altho they were priced the same as many of the other strains grown by Delta 9 or Tweed.  Keats- Was previously reviewed as Broken Coast genetics- and I was sad to see that it was no longer in stock. 

What was in stock?  Lots of Lemon Skunk- 15%THC >1CBD, a wispier bud structure with a heavy lemon pledge - cleaner aroma with a fainter skunk funk and a slightly drier finish than I might want in my final product.  They were carrying dried flowers (milled) in a "balanced" blend of 8%THC / 8%CBD for around 30$ for 3.5 grams- which I was pleased to see and look forward to reviewing in the future.  Remaining higher end product was limited to Diesel, Sensi Star and Donegal.   After a couple of questions regarding the lineage of the Donegal, he fumbled about under the counter for some info and said it was a cross between Chemdawg..... and.... uh.... I think, its just chemdawg.  He said that it's street name was "Green Kush" (?)  (Green Kush is a cross between the parent plants of purple kush and green crack.) Not sure where he was getting this info- but I know that street names are going to be a thing of the past soon.

Proprietary strains with odd names like Galiano ( once northern lights haze ) - are now certified new products with DNA markers that can be tested for- and one of the big advantages of the new system. Consistency is something that will change the landscape of growing, from copyright claims, to trade commissions taking companies to task for offering products that are not labeled as they say they are. You KNOW what you're getting- At least if you can check it out in person- Otherwise you're buying in faith from Mail order Marijuana Companies (MOM)-  We'll touch on that soon.

I purchased 3.5g of Donegal by Tweed for 42$ at the recommendation from the bud tender that "it was the best of what's left" Not a super good sales pitch and I DID want to go check out a new shop but it was late- and dad's can't be wandering all over town buying weed all night, amiright? Next to this particular shop, located in a strip mall next to a juice bar and Liquor Commission ( where all spirits in Manitoba must be purchased. )
Grabbed a bottle of Belgian Esprit by One Great City Brewing Co.- A cloudy Belgian with a floral yeast and dried orange peel, very pleasant with some fruity cannabis.

After I made my purchase, the clerk said-" Before you go I just need you to initial your receipt to show that you have received the right product, in the right amount." It was hard not to react, knowing the error made on opening night in my favor.   My friend was NOT asked to sign, so it doesn't seem to be standard to do this yet, but I can only imagine the staff meetings this week.... yikes

Mini review of Donegal coming next


" My wife just told me she broke my favorite lamp.
.
.
.
I don't think I'll ever be able to look at her in the same light again"



Comments

Hits From The Bowl