Cannaway Clinic visit- Oils only!

Cannabis Oils ONLY- The Cannaway or the highway
Salutations~

Just got home from my appointment to discuss cannabis medications with the Dr. @ Cannaway Clinic here in Winnipeg.  First- I would like to mention how easy it was to get an appointment. A quick chat with a staff member on their homepage and I was scheduled to see someone in one week.

My Family doctor usually takes at 2-4 weeks to get an appointment- so that was great.  I filled out a few questionaires via email about my medical background, history of mental health issues and some questions about my relationship with cannabis.

Fast forward to today~

The Medical Office Assistant had me fill out some more stuff and then asked me to provide a urine sample.   That was weird.   I failed to provide one but they didn't seem to mind.  Turns out it was to test for the presence of THC. (???)  I told them that it most certainly come back positive.

Met with the very nice Dr. Lazarus for about 30-40 minutes and talked about my current cannabis usage and fairly quickly "got to the point" and asked me how I would feel if I stopped using recreational cannabis in favor of prescribed cannabis oils? I said that would be fine if it matched my needs and was financially viable.

He responded- "That was the next thing I was going to ask you" and proceeded to agree with me that the cost of cannabis oils, even with compassionate pricing- would still be much more expensive than say- using traditional medications that were already covered by my provincial health care plan.

I told him my right as a Canadian was to have affordable access to medical cannabis, and that due to my varying needs- ie High CBD, Balanced and High THC for various symptom relief of MS, would be too expensive to buy- and I was hoping to explore home growing for the sake of making edibles and hash concentrates- which are much healthier mechanisms for delivering what I need.

(Specifically trying to isolate the THC-V found in African land race strains like Congo, to boost my alertness, control appetite while having less inebriating effects- As well as CBD rich strains to make rosin press hash that has been decarboxylated so that it can be orally active.)

He agreed!   He told me- "You are way ahead of the times. I have never even heard of THC-V"
and said that their clinic wouldn't be able to achieve what I need, but he gave me a referral to National Access Cannabis- another third party clinic here in town.  He said they do more "whole plant" prescriptions.  ( They also own / operate the Meta Cannabis Supply Co. )

So, while it was a bit of a time waster- at least I am one step closer to my goal now.  
I just kind of wish they had made their Oil-Only policy a bit more clear online- I bet they don't get a lot of people who really say YES! to pee tests, overpriced oil and super restrictive rules about abstaining from an otherwise legal product that anyone can use.   Its like walking into a barber that only trims sideburns.



Comments

Hits From The Bowl