Review: Durga Mata 2 by Namaste ( Zenabis )

Durga Mata 2- CBD  by NAMASTE
THC:CBD - 6.01% : 11.0%

Price: 13.50/g @ Delta 9 in Winnipeg
Compare@ 8.99/g in BC or 14.85/g in NB

Genetics: Shiva X CBD? by Paradise Seeds
Packed on: 03/16/2019
Lot # 1000133

It can be a challenge sometimes to describe CBD "experience" to someone looking for a classic cannabis "high".  I propose, that its less about the high and more about alleviating the lows.

If you are a medical patient- you can attest to the subtle comfort in your muscles.  Nerves less flared- headaches easing away and the joints in your knees feel a bit better.  But also- A clearer mind.

My favorite thing about CBD flowers- is just that: A Clearer Mind.  I find that using a high CBD ratio product after consuming THC- It offsets the "cloudy" and tired feelings that usually follow.  A feeling of mindfulness, that provides a bit of peace and helps shake a gloomy mood.

Having used CBD flowers consistently to treat my MS spasticity and related symptoms- I always feel like the cost is far outweighing the treatment for me.  I try not to take cost too much into considerations when doing reviews- as I know prices vary from province to province, but I am certainly feeling priced out by the Rec market and can't wait to get my medical license.

Opening Inspection: 5/10
Um.  What? Why didn't they trim these buds?  Dark green bordering on tan colored.  Very irregular shape as if mostly pulled from larger colas so very resinous, but also slightly compressed- I suspect this batch of Durga Mata 2 did not receive the same finishing touch I have come to expect from Namaste.

Buds are tough and almost leathery.  Shaking the jar ( which doesn't seal at all- WTF?) it sounds like its full of wet marshmallows and looked small.   Brought it to the scales- 3.30! and there is at least .3 of absolutely useless fan leaf on these buds that I wouldn't smoke if you paid me.  So far- so bad.

Aroma: 7.5/10
This is nice! A very deep Hindu Kush scent hides under thick dusty blankets of warm lemon and dates. An earthen, woodsy backbone supports an herbal minty finish.  But that lemon makes this seem super inviting and familiar.   Busting enhances a wider range of fresh woody herbs.

Flavor:  6.0/10
A Lemon Buried under Forest Moss.   I found it mildly pleasant, but quite muted in the lemon-spice that I was expecting.  I wasn't able to coax much more sweetness out with a vaporizer, but it was very smooth and palatable.  Burnt to a super white ash.

Experience / Medical Notes: 8/10
After getting over the fan leaf situation- I realized that Durga Mata 2 by Namaste is the kind of THC:CBD spectrum that (for me) works fantastically for treating symptoms of MS,  mild head aches, tension and probably minor hang overs.   It has a more than negligible amount of THC, so less experienced users, or those looking for that "smart dose" will appreciate this offering immensely.

TLDR: 6.5 / 10
If this product had been trimmed properly- I wouldn't have much negative to say about Namaste's Durga Mata 2 CBD.  It's grown well, has higher than standard THC:CBD levels for this class of product and a terpene profile that make this whole flower seem viable as something you'd want to purchase and smoke / vape.   It's price point however, puts this on a bit of a pedestal that makes that underweight trim job completely unacceptable and makes me very hesitant to purchase it again.








Comments

Hits From The Bowl