Review: Brooklyn Sunrise by Delta 9

Brooklyn Sunrise by Delta 9 Cannabis

THC:CBD - 15.83%:>.01%
Price: 50.75$ / 3.5g @ Delta 9 in MB

Genetics: Brooklyn cut NY Diesel X Upstate NY
AK47 - by Dutch Passion Seeds
Packed on: 03/07  Opened on: 05/12
Lot #: 001-001 Wm001


New York Is fun.  It never sleeps and the cannabis cultivators of the region rock a very different aesthetic than their west coast counterparts.   New York City Diesel was and IS the kind bud that has always sold for top dollar by entrepeneurial black market hustlers to Wall Street cats and Madison Avenue debutantes.

The other parent of this strain- AK47 is a 4 way cross with multicultural origins and contributes to making this hybrid indica / sativa a very "balanced" THC experience.   I have only recently seen this one glorious photo on the subReddit- RecPics  by U/Shellyowen and decided to give it a whirl.

Opening inspection:6/10
Weight was 3.36g so that was a bad start, the buds were spindly and loose- my wife pointed out she could see right through one bud. Trim was inconsistent and a tiny amount of shake met me at the door.  Trichomes were quite striking but were beginning to fall off with handling- also giving me that same "powdery" kief that the Delta 9 Sensi Star had.

Buds were shaped like tall evergreens, wispy rose gold pistils looked very "pretty" over the light green, crystally flower. 

Aroma: 6.5
Faint but when really leaning into the jar- I get a soft strawberry, blueberry scent- but also an herbivorious green note- not unlike fresh kale.  Grinding absolutely brought out a bright sweet berry vibe that I probably would have guessed shishkaberry in a blind tasting. Far off from the Fuel and Funk of NY diesel, and more in line with some of the more floral AK47's Phenotypes.

Flavor: 6
Much like the aroma, faint with a subtle sweetness, it has a medium body of smoke and finishes without leaving any calling cards to share.  It was not unpleasant- but I feel like there was something lost in the curing process with this sample but I can easily imagine other batches coming out with higher THC and more concentrated terpene profile.

Experience: 7
 Brooklyn Sunrise is like a character in a coming of age book. I'd describe her as demure- I can see her staring out the window on a rainy day- Petting a cat while listening to the Smiths. Yet to blossom into the heroine she was written to be. ( I don't get out enough )  This strain shouldn't stray outside of the comfort zone for newer cannabis users. Its a very laid back and yet active experience- but doesn't seem to provide the medical benefits I am searching for in a THC rich flower.

TLDR: 6.5/10
I wish I got the bud that U/Shellyowen posted.  Fairly pretty, but not stunning- Tastes and smells fine, with more berry / floral notes than I would have expected, but I don't know where the terpenes all ended up, lost in transit? or failure to launch? All of the other tasters we shared with picked this as a bigger winner than I- But I am a shameless terp slut- and this just did not keep my attention long enough.

Comments

Hits From The Bowl