Got my cannabis prescription today!!!~


Salutations~

It has been quite a journey, but after 7 months of research and searching for a free doctor consultation- I am now a medicinal marijuana patient to treat symptoms for Multiple Sclerosis.

Why does a Canadian need a prescription for Cannabis, you ask?

Well- For a few reasons!~

A.
You are treating an ailment with which other remedies have had undesirable results / side effects / costs where cannabinoid based therapies might suit your treatment plan.  It is not cheap by any means, but getting a prescription will afford you much better pricing than the Rec market.

B.
Being able to have a consistent relationship with your supplier, means being able to feel secure in knowing that the strain(s) that work best for you- are able to consistently be delivered- or at least be able to give feedback more directly to the people who grow your medicine.

C.
Keeping health care professionals in the loop- Its a new industry- and there will be some bumps as Canada strives to be the world leader in cannabinoid research- You can be on the front lines of all of that.  Even if you are curious about whether this is right for you or not- Doctors and prescribing nurses will be there every step of the way to answer question or concerns.   

D.
This list could be much longer- letting you know about how you can store / transport an "adequate" supply rather than the 30g maximum allowed for recreational users. Or maybe you live in Manitoba like me, where home growing for recreational purposed is strictly forboden and your budget can't afford the relief you require.   Or how you are able to write off  "medical expenses" on your taxes...

.......

I am sick. 

Multiple Sclerosis is unfortunately a part of my life now.  But I am glad that Canada has given me the chance to lead a higher quality of life with cannabis therapies. And I am very glad that I didn't have to pay for the opportunity to see a physician.  I am sorry- but referral fees just seem Unethical.
I will do a proper write up about the good folk at Natural Health Services and give readers a bit of timeline for how this all worked out for me- and what to expect on your own journey to become a Canadian medical cannabis patient.  

Cheers!

Comments

Hits From The Bowl