Review: Riverview Ride by VERTICAL

Riverview Ride by VERTICAL
THC : CBD  ~  5.91% : 8.59%
Price 13$/G via DELTA 9 in Winnipeg
Genetics: " God bud in there

I had been looking at the juicy picture posted on Meta's page this week- and despite the mislabeled THC / CBD on their page and the lack of strain info to be found online- I thought I'd inquire directly while picking up an eighth to review.

I asked the bud tender at the Delta 9 shop I went to, if he had any strain background on the Riverview Ride- He said there was no rep in Winnipeg to brief them on their new product- and there is no "Training" per se, for details on new strains.

He did have a big binder tho, with what seemed like hundreds of strains; info packets for various LPs and a litany of medical documents to aid prospective new customers.  But there was no Riverview Ride.

Or anything from VERTICAL at all.  He couldn't shed any light on this vaguely mysterious LP.

Opening visual-  7/10 -
Micro-popcorn pea sized buds.  Weight was 3.40 and there was .01 gram of dusty shake-mostly redhair.  Super basic packaging with the label not quite stuck on properly.  Medi-sealed-  Date of packaging was Jan 8 2019.

Buds are very tight and trichomes look well developed and mostly undamaged under magnification.  Coloration was forest-camo green, with short sienna pistils.  Some darker purple tones in some buds.

Opening nose~ 8/10
Herbal-Floral, bergamot, sweet clover honey.   Very unique- smells like a country tea house in spring.
Busting produced a VERY sweet berry note, reminded me of fresh currants or gooseberry. OK that's pretty cool, I wasn't expecting that.

Breaks up very well, cure was quite nice- bracts could be pulled off of the central stem without pulverizing them, internal crystal structure was very bright.

Burned extremely evenly and to a bright white ash. 5/5

Smoke was sweet / sour with a bit of an herbal note- like basil- coated the middle part of my palate with a lasting berry note that was quite pleasant but not something you'd be clamoring to write an overly long blog post about. Or would you?  *cough cough*  7/10

Experience wise: This was a nice "balanced" ratio that won't light you up for friday night, but it WILL take the edge off on Monday morning. 6.5/10

Medical Notes: This was enough THC to "feel it" and enough CBD that I have been asymptomatic after using a .3g dose for the last 3 hrs.  Prior to using it, my legs were having a hard time reaching a normal stride and there was spasming in my hands, making it hard to type.  Good now tho!

TLDR:
Riverview Ride is a nice change of pace from the CBD Haze's that I have tried previously. I wish I knew ANYTHING about the genetics to share, but overall the product smelled very nice, had a pleasant flavor and was cured nicely.   I just wonder what happened to all of the "top" buds as this popcorn is mostly kernels



Comments

Hits From The Bowl