New cannabis based therapy for MS

Salutations~

MMJIH or MMJ International Holdings has announced their motion with the FDA to have their proprietary cannabis based therapy, fast tracked to Orphan Drug status.  Essentially speeding up the Dose Ranging studies and their ability to bring the product legally to market in the U.S.

The therapy in question, involves a liquid concentrate of cannabinoids, namely THC and CBD to help treat one of the most common, yet medically incurable symptom of multiple sclerosis: Spasticity

Spasticity is the uncontrollable tightening of muscles, sometimes twitchy- or sometimes stiffening to the point you can not move.  It's neurological in nature and has been shown to be positively affected by CBD medications, and I can attest to the benefits of CBD first hand.

MMJ001 is a treatment specifically aimed at patients with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, the most severe form of MS. If successful, it could provide an excellent option for the tens of thousands of patients who are suffering with this debilitating and degenerative condition.

If you want to know a bit more about PPMS- I have a link for you here. But I am terrified of one day having my condition one day worsen.

Here in Canada, where we are still in the infancy of legalized cannabis research- I am confident that these "discoveries" will start to be a bit more common place and less "radical" in approach.  Whether these International Holding companies are here for more than a quick buck- has yet to be seen.

Will they find a way to make consuming cannabis based therapies more effective at treating these symptoms than vaporizing flower or CBD oils? I'm more than willing to guinea pig for them during their dosing studies if they need volunteers- 

I just need to know if its going be another overly expensive MS med with minimal long-term repair. I have plenty of those already- Just let me get my "perfect dose" covered by Pharma Care and I'll be all over it.   Otherwise- Its going to be me and Dr. Kush, like its always been.

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com/2019/02/14/fda-asked-to-place-cannabis-based-therapy-for-progressive-ms-on-fast-track

Comments

Hits From The Bowl