January MB Retail Highlights ( or lack thereof )

"We'll just let the boys in marketing figure it out."
Salutations~

I managed to make the rounds down the Cannabis mile yesterday, to Tokyo Smoke, Delta 9 and Tweed.  I wish I had just stayed home.

I was posited to pick something nice for a relative and thought it would be a good chance to stock up on some more CBD flower myself.     Sadly-  there was nothing "nice" to be found.  It has been over 100 days since legalization- Surely we should be flooded in sticky, green gold, right?  Keep wishing.

While at Delta 9- the highest THC offering was from their new Black Domina strain- and that was a lowly 12.5%  When I got it out of the jar- it was a such a sad face from everyone in the room.   It wasn't for me, so I can't do a full review- but I don't think I would even want to.  It was gross.  Just don't.

The only CBD options were EASE by Tokyo Smoke, Palm Tree by Snoop Dogg's company and the CBD Skunk Haze by Delta 9. 

The display's at Delta 9 allowed me to take a peek at everything and based on the price difference and visual / nose inspection, I reluctantly stuck with EASE- Too broke and cold to take a chance on more below average product.

It's fine.   As far as CBD % it was the highest on offer (13+%), and it has 9% THC and a flavor that isn't too objectionable. 

And that just seems to the state of the union.   In MB you either get lower quality herb for 9-12$-G  or spend 14-18$ for medium (Delta 9) to High quality from Canna Farms or Broken Coast ( if you're lucky enough to walk in on the rare occasion they have some in stock ) 

New products have started emerging this month, including DOJA- who seem great, Tokyo Smokes confusingly re-branded Tweed products, Van der Pop's Cloudburst popping up for a day or two and then disappearing back into the haze. 

Edison Cannabis Co. has their Reserve line popping up, but I can't say enough bad things about their City Lights, and I don't believe there is much faith from retailers that their ultra premium line of THE EXACT SAME PLANTS ( colas and crown buds only ) will be flying off the shelves.

And the last funny little note, while at Delta 9- They had their house grown Blue Venom "Lite" which clocked in at 9%.  I asked if this was something they had intended, and the bud tender just said it was probably a "batch" issue.   SURE!  Its crappy- Just call it "LITE"~







Comments

Hits From The Bowl