Review: White Rhino by Emerald Health Therapeutics


White Rhino by Emerald Health Therapeutics
THC:CBD 17%:0.1%
Price: 11$/g via Delta 9 in MB
Genetics: Greenhouse Seeds
Afghan x Brazilian x South Indian

Packaged: 7/11/2019
Opened: 8/03/2019
Lot # 0222-0586

White Rhino is a gnarly, radical and otherwise totally 90's throwback.

Winner of the 1996 Bio HighTimes Cannabis Cup, I vividly remember this strain gracing the covers of cannabis magazines on dealers coffee tables all over my hometown back in the day.

A relative of White Widow, bred with Afghan lineage, this strain is what 90's Indica was all about. At the street level, there were next to zero pure sativa's available at the time. INDICA became a trade word, universally applied to super strong cannabis strains, not unlike how KUSH was used in modern branding efforts.

With White Rhino there was little in the way of nuance- just a big, clobbering stone that probably created more than a few teenage Beevis and Buttheads, huh.. huh huh... yeah. I am excited to try a legit, modern White Rhino- This is certainly going to be a nostalgic journey~!

Opening Inspection:
Buds are between .3g and .6g, rounded and semi-open in structure.   Dark green with intermittent hues of purple / silvery blue, with scattered short red pistils. Trichomes are well distributed, long and milky.

Some small leaves still remain, which I guess is a byproduct of their " automated process line – one of the first of its kind – has the capability to harvest, trim, dry and package cannabis." - LINK I would very much like to see this process, sounds too futuristic to me lol

Only 3 weeks of shelf-time- I was expecting some stickiness- but it's cured to a fairly light weight consistency. Nothing brittle or broken in the bag.  ( yes- 3.5g comes in a bag. )

Aroma
Low profile mandarin zest and spicy hashish.
Grinding brings out more of a sweet profile, with a bit of a twist towards grape candy, but still a hash-y backbone that reminds you to ease into this a little slowly.

Tasting notes

Medium to full bodied smoke that combines a very balanced mix of spiced wood, clove, carnation, tangerine oil. Tastes like a fancy desk smells- very debonair.

I know I've used the word HASH a lot in the article already. But to me, it's a taste that combines essences of spice, wood, floral incense, perfume and exotic travel that whelms within your lungs and gives you a swarthy breath after you exhale.  Hits deep.

Experience
I found this White Rhino to be a seriously powerful body experience.  Hands are so heavy- Muscles melting into my bed, giving me the best night sleep I've had in a while. As a daytime experience- I feel kind of intoxicated, ready to attempt to party- and then forget what I was doing entirely. 

Medical Notes
Doped up? Maybe not, its actually a smooth ride- helps quell anxiety and soothe the body.  This actually fits into my personal toolbox really well for helping with insomnia.   Probably best for LATE at night tho-  Appetite stimulant-  get some drinks / snacks ready beforehand.

TLDR;
My first White Rhino experience in 20 years, I was transported to the backseat of my buddies car, listening to Cypress Hill, Sublime and The Planet Smashers in 1998 after putting 5$ on it.  It was like failing math all over again, not giving AF, eating 5 grilled cheese sandwiches and a bowl of tomato soup and then passing out for the rest of the summer.   GOOD TIMES!~

Comments

Hits From The Bowl