Review: Prairie Fire by Delta 9


Review: Prairie Fire by Delta 9 Premium
THC : CBD - 22.57% : 0.05%
Price: 60$*46$/3.5g   @ Tokyo Smoke MB. *sale
Compare: 56$*49$/3.5g @ Delta 9 Retail MB. *sale
Genetics: Proprietary Delta 9 Sensi Star Phenotype
Packaged: Jan 29 2019
Opening Date: Sept 2 2019 ( 216 days!?)
Lot # 001-005 ( first lot?)

SALE!~
PREMIUM CANNABIS!~

I have been keeping my eye on Delta 9's Premium line ever since it popped up on shelves this spring, and as a bargain hunter, representing Manitoban's from any social class- WE LOVE SALES.

Yes!~ That's right-  Cannabis is finally on sale! I will dig into the changing economy of Cannabis pricing later, but for now- lets find out whether 9 month old cannabis is still viable!  ( sale has since ended UPDATE*- Now available for 46$/3.5g @ Tokyo Smoke or 49$/3.5g @ Delta 9 ) 

I try not to bring pricing into my reviews too often, as I know that prices vary from city to city- But I feel like once you put a Premium price tag onto your products, there is going to be a harsher degree of critique.  At 16$/g this was one the most expensive products on the market today, close behind Whistler Medical Marijuana Company's 17$/g retail pricing.

Cloud Nine by Delta 9
After a misleading description posted on the Tokyo Smoke's website, I was corrected by the Delta9 team and the well informed redditor u/bigfuknnub, that this is IN FACT descendant from Sensi Star lineage.

I have actually tried Delta 9's other premium line product Cloud Nine earlier this year, but didn't get a chance to properly review it.  I remember thinking- "If this were cheaper, I would totally buy this again."   Many months have passed and now, this jar has the honor of being a test subject for how well ( sealed ) 9 month old cannabis holds up.  LET'S DO THIS.

Opening inspection: 8.75/10
EXTREMELY tight, closed structure, large flowers have a healthy amber hue, be-speckled by short, dark red pistils.  Weight was 3.52g with next to zero broken material in the jar. So nuts to all of you underweight jars this year- properly sealed: next to zero weight loss.  Absolutely rock hard, no give or play. Sounds like marbles shaking in the jar.  One thing; The jar doesn't re-seal and will dry out your herb lickity split.  All premium product should at LEAST come with a Boveda for the $$$.

I can't understate how SOLID these nuggets are- Probably the most dense flowers I have seen recently. I am generally loathe to grind my flowers, preferring the hands on approach to packing bowls, but man... Its hard to find purchase with my fingers to even start breaking them down.  When I do start to get into it- it's not sticky by any means, but packs freshly and has a very nice humidity level upon delivery.   I am fairly surprised and a little impressed.

Inside and out- rainbow hued trichome heads reflecting a lot of reds / oranges. Calyx's are very fine, stalk is needle thin and trimmed as tight as you could want.  Overall- this product was handled with care and even after 9 months, shows no depreciable signs of age.

Aroma: 8/10
Complicated, but not overstated notes of fruit-wood, earthen sage, clove and peppery allspice.
Grinding didn't reveal anything that wasn't there already.  Fairly mild profile overall- possibly time?

Palate: 8.5/10
 ACTUALLY A MUG
Much like the aromatic profile, there is a lot going on here- Handsome balance of exotic woods / spices / earthen musk. There is a welcoming elegance that makes me think of being below deck on an ancient merchant ship, carrying arts and textiles from across the sea.

Without dominating any one area of my palate, it gently warms my sinus's to the back of my throat, all the way down my lungs and as I exhale, it finishes on a spicy, lip-smacking hash note.  Makes an excellent pipe smoke with a perfumed free-burn.

Experience: 9.25
Zippy- Energetic- Focused- Positive-
I enjoy an elevated sense of well being, positive mood effects, smiling, reminiscing.  Sort of crept up on me a little; glad I started really small because the high THC count was doing its job with just a tiny ( critical ) bowl.   To me, this feels like a super-sativa vibe, with just enough indica body-feels to complement the giddy, long lasting high I found.

Medical notes:
Powerful relaxation but also very stimulating. Not a great option for insomnia tho. This has helped me leave a really rough day of symptoms in the dust and put a smile on my stupid old face.

TLDR: 8.75
Prairie Fire by Delta 9 had a very sophisticated profile that had me savoring every moment of the smoking experience, with a delightfully potent and stimulating effect. If you are looking for a "celebratory occasion" strain, I would strongly recommend this for socializing, entertaining and getting your dancing legs back in action. (Final verdict on the 9 month vintage:  Still Good!)

Comments

Hits From The Bowl